E.Mail Id:- info@overseasadvisers.com

Working hours : Mon-sat (10.00am - 6.00PM)

mobile-icon Call +(91) 9599789101
mobile-icon Call 011-46508999

Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program

Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias home-slider not found.
Maybe you mean: 'home' or 'shop'


If you are thinking about Saskatchewan immigration, you should consider the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) .

The SINP speeds up the immigration process for your permanent resident card. It allows Saskatchewan to nominate applicants who qualify under provincially established criteria for Permanent Resident Status.

Successful applicants will receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will speed-up the Canada Immigration Permanent Resident card application process.

Individuals nominated by the Government of Saskatchewan, together with their spouse/common-law partner and dependent children, can apply for a permanent resident visa through Canadian immigration as a Provincial Nominee.

Under the SINP, there are eight categories you can apply under:

  1. Skilled Workers
  2. Entrepreneurs
  3. Family Members
  4. Farm Owners and Operators
  5. Health Professionals
  6. Hospitality Sector Pilot Project
  7. Long Haul Truck Drivers
  8. Students

Skilled Workers

This category is for skilled workers, professionals or managers who have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. It is divided into three sub-categories:

Skilled Workers/Professionals

Applicants must:

  • live outside of Canada.
  • have an offer of permanent, full-time employment in Saskatchewan either in an occupation or trade in the National Occupational Classification Matrix (NOC) level A or B, or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan.

Critical Occupations

Applicants must:

  • live outside of Canada.
  • have an offer of permanent, full-time employment in Saskatchewan in a management position in the NOC Matrix level 0.

Existing Work Permit

Applicants must:

  • have proof of legal status in Canada.
  • have worked in Saskatchewan for at least six months on a temporary work permit either in an occupation or trade that is in the NOC Matrix level A or B, or in a designated trade in Saskatchewan excluding trades included in the Hospitality Sector Pilot Project.
  • have a job offer in an occupation or trade in the NOC Matrix level A or B or a designated trade in Saskatchewan


The SINP has launched a new process for the Entrepreneur Category that will improve processing times for applicants who wish to invest their management talent and capital in a Saskatchewan business.

Applicants must:

  • have a minimum net worth of $300,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD) that can be verified.
  • have an accumulation of net worth through legal means, which can be verified.
  • have minimum three years entrepreneurial or relevant business management experience.
  • intend to reside and actively invest in Saskatchewan.
  • provide an approved business plan.
  • have 3-5 years of proven experience in managing or owning a business.

After nomination, applicants must:

  • have a minimum active investment of $150,000 CAD in the Province of Saskatchewan. If you own less than 1/3 of the business, then your total investment must be worth at least $1 million CAD.
  • be involved in the day-to-day management of your business.
  • make a $75,000 Good Faith Deposit. If you meet certain conditions, you may apply for your Good Faith Deposit to be returned.

Family Members

This category is for immigrant families living in Saskatchewan who want to help their skilled and educated family members come to work and live in the province. Supporting family members must provide support to applicants and their dependents to help them establish and settle in Saskatchewan. Supporting family members include: parents, sisters/brothers, daughters/sons, aunts/uncles, nieces/nephews, grandparents, first cousins, step-family members or in-laws of the same relationship.

Applicants must:

  • be between 18 – 49 years old.
  • have a signed affidavit of support from one or more family members living in Saskatchewan.
  • have completed post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship of at least one year in length and have a diploma, a certificate, or a degree.
  • have at least one year of work experience in your field of education or training.
  • have the English language ability either to do the job you have been offered by a Saskatchewan employer or to get a job in your field of education or training.
  • have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan employer or intend to find full-time, permanent work in Saskatchewan.
  • have enough money to live in the province for a short time without work after arrival ($10,000 for you and $2,000 for each accompanying family member).

Farm Owners and Operators

This category is for individuals with proven experience in farming, substantial capital available to invest in a farming operation, and who intend to purchase and operate a farming operation in Saskatchewan.

Applicants must meet the following four criteria:

  • Available Equity – you must provide financial documents showing a net worth of $500,000CAD.
  • Refundable Cash Deposit – you must sign a Performance Agreement committing to purchase a farm operation in Saskatchewan and make a “good faith” deposit of $75,000 CAD in trust. The cash deposit will be returned to you when the terms of the Performance Agreement are met. The deposit will be forfeited to the Province if the terms are not met within two years of landing in Saskatchewan.
  • Mandatory visit to Saskatchewan – you must have conduct a comprehensive exploratory visit to Saskatchewan of no less than five working days and must meet with an SINP representative.
  • Farm operation knowledge and experience – you must provide documentation (e.g. education and training, work experience, financial documents of their previous operations) that demonstrates that you are a knowledgeable farm operator.

This category also has a stream for Young Farmers. Applicants must:

  • have a minimum personal net worth of $300,000 CAD, which is verifiable to 80% certainty.
  • have verifiable legal accumulation of funds to 80% certainty.
  • be under age 40.
  • have a minimum of three years farm ownership, farm management or practical farming experience.
  • provide a documented business plan.

Health Professionals

This category allows internationally-trained health professionals, who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a temporary work permit, to apply for permanent residency status under the SINP. It is divided into three sub-categories – physicians, nurses, and other health professions.

To qualify as a Health Professional, an applicant must:

  • provide proof of a temporary work permit confirming that you have been practicing as a physician in Saskatchewan for a minimum of six months.
  • have an offer of permanent employment that is issued by a provincial health authority or the health education institution where you are currently employed.

Hospitality Sector Pilot Project

Applicants must:

  • hold a valid Temporary Work Permit for one of the following occupations:
  • Food/Beverage Server
  • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper
  • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff
  • have been employed by a Saskatchewan employer in one of those positions for a minimum of six months.
  • have completed a minimum of Grade 12 education (or equivalent).
  • have sufficient English language ability for continued employment in Saskatchewan.

Long Haul Truck Drivers

This category allows Saskatchewan trucking firms to bring workers to the province for occupations requiring a high school diploma or on-the-job training under Service Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker policy.

Applicants must:

  • be working on a temporary work permit for an approved Saskatchewan trucking firm for a minimum of six months.
  • have a current Saskatchewan Class 1A driver’s license.
  • have an offer of full-time, permanent employment from your employer, which must be an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan.


The Student Category allows eligible post-secondary graduates to apply for landed immigrant status under the SINP.

Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream

Applicants must:

  • have graduated with a certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada.
  • have worked for at least six months (with minimum 960 hours) of paid employment in Saskatchewan. Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on-campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • have applied for and received a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
  • have a current, permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. The job offer does not have to relate to your studies.

Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream

Applicants must:

  • have completed all degree requirements for an existing Master’s and/or PhD program that required at least one academic year of full-time study from the University of Saskatchewan or the University of Regina.
  • be applying within two years of the date on which your degree was granted and from a country in which you have legal status.
  • intend to live in Saskatchewan and able to demonstrate your ability to settle and work in Saskatchewan with at least one of the following:
  • Have at least six months of employment history in your field of training in Saskatchewan;
  • be currently employed in your field of training or have received a job offer in your field of training in Saskatchewan for a term longer than six months;
  • have a spouse currently employed in Saskatchewan in a permanent, full-time position; or,
  • have enough money to sustain for a short time without work ($10,000 for you and $2,000 for each accompanying family member).

If you are an employer, business owner, investor, skilled worker, or a student looking for more information about Saskatchewan immigration under Saskatchewan’s Provincial Nominee program, please fill out an enquiry form or contact us directly!

Skip to toolbar